SURREY, BC – The Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) elected their 2019/2020 Board of Directors at its Annual General Meeting held on Wednesday, February 20th.
Darin Germyn will assume the role of President on March 1st, following outgoing President John Barbisan. Germyn is a licensed REALTOR® of over eleven years, and a representative of Macdonald Realty in Surrey.
“I’m honoured to help lead our membership of over three thousand Realtors through the coming year,” remarked Germyn.
“Changes to the industry and local market continue to impact our clients, bringing opportunity and challenges in equal measure. I am looking forward to building on our foundation of professionalism and expertise so that our members remain a valuable resource during the transaction process and ensure clients are supported, protected and satisfied throughout.”
Germyn has served as a Director at the Board for five years and has chaired several member-led committees, including Professional Standards and Governance.
The incoming President Elect is Chris Shields, Sutton Premier Realty, Surrey and the Vice President is Larry Anderson, Sutton Premier Realty, Surrey.
Also at the meeting, Dan Corsie of Valley Pacific Realty, Surrey, received the 2019 John Armeneau Professional of the Year award for his tremendous contributions to real estate in the Fraser Valley. The award is the highest honour the FVREB bestows, recognizing outstanding leadership and conduct professionally and within the community.
Of Corsie receiving the award, outgoing President John Barbisan said, “Knowing Dan personally, I can attest to his exceptional character and the qualities that make him so worthy of this award. He gives back to his community, profession, to those less fortunate and has the respect of our members. I can think of no one better to be recognized as our 2019 Professional of the Year.”
Corsie is the 34th Fraser Valley member to be recognized with a Professional of the Year award. The award was renamed in 1996 in honour of John Armeneau, a North Delta Realtor who for over two decades was a role model and mentor to other Fraser Valley Realtors.
The full 2019/2020 FVREB Board of Directors is as follows:
- President: Darin Germyn, Macdonald Realty, Surrey
- President Elect: Chris Shields, Sutton Premier Realty, Surrey
- Vice President: Larry Anderson, Sutton Premier Realty, Surrey
- Past President: John Barbisan, Sutton Premier Realty, Surrey
- Leah Bach, RE/MAX Performance Realty, Delta
- Jeff Chadha, Century 21 Supreme Realty, Surrey
- Karen Conyers, Sotheby’s International Realty, Surrey
- Marylou Leslie, Macdonald Realty, Surrey
- Linda Sue Peaker, Macdonald Realty, Delta
- Darcy Reddicopp, Sutton Group-West Coast Realty, Abbotsford
- Joel Schacter, RE/MAX Treeland Realty, Langley
- David Smith, Royal LePage-Wolstencroft, Langley
Fraser Valley’s new Board of Directors take office on March 1, 2019.
Photo (L-R): Larry Anderson, Vice President; Darin Germyn, President; Chris Shields, President-Elect.