by Baldev S. Gill, Chief Executive Officer
Today’s eMemo contains the following update:
- Clarification on the Provincial Health Order (PHO) re: Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley Restrictions announced on Saturday, November 7, 2020
Clarification on the Provincial Health Order (PHO) re: Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley Restrictions announced on Saturday, November 7, 2020
We have received clarification from Service BC today, that private showings are NOT considered “social gatherings.”
We felt it prudent to seek clarification for our members following the order issued by Dr. Bonnie Henry and Minister Dix on Saturday, November 7, 2020, banning all social gatherings, indoor group physical activities, and restricting non-essential travel in and out of both these regions. Details of that order, which took effect 10 p.m. last Saturday, can be found here. Please also refer to our eMemo which we sent out on Saturday evening following the issuance of the order by Dr. Henry and Minister Dix.
As a non-health related essential service, we have a duty and obligation to adhere strictly to all safety protocols on COVID-19. Therefore, if you are to proceed with a private showing, please ensure you proceed by adhering to the guidance we provided to you back in April.
As a reminder, private showings can only be carried out with these strict safety measures that include:
- Masks and gloves must be worn by the visitors including the buyers, sellers and agents attending
- No visitor is permitted to touch any object or surface of the home
- Any opening of doors, windows or cupboards must be done by the seller or the seller’s agent
- Sellers are advised to carry out a thorough cleaning and sanitizing of the home prior to a showing and sanitizing after the showing.
Furthermore, on the overall issue of in-person open houses, our guidance to you remains consistent with our eMemo from Thursday, November 5, 2020. In that memo, we stated that members should refrain from holding in-person open houses, but rather, implement virtual tours/showings as much as possible.
If we all do our part, and do it well, we will flatten the curve sooner and get back to business as usual in a timely manner. Should you need further guidance, please do not hesitate to reach out to your managing broker or the Board office.
Have a good week and stay safe.
Additional COVID-19 resources: