We thought it might be helpful to highlight a few of the BC Real Estate Association’s (BCREA) key resources in case you haven’t had the time to check them out. You might even find the answers among them to some of your lingering questions. If you’re asking them, your peers are likely asking them too.
Open House Podcasts
Open House by BCREA is a new podcast covering the latest industry headlines and a feature conversation on issues related to real estate practice.
Launched on January 29 this year, the series tackled “Managing Realtor Risk in 2020” and the “Changing Landscape of Strata Insurance in BC.”
When the COVID-19 pandemic became a significant issue affecting Realtors, the focus of the podcasts shifted to covering:
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Realtors
- COVID-19 Standardized Clauses, and Financial Support
- Conducting Business During COVID-19
- How to Stay Productive During COVID-19
COVID-19 Blog Posts
Are you wondering if having a personal real estate corporation and paying yourself in dividends makes you ineligible to receive the Canada Emergency Relief Benefit (CERB)? Not necessarily. You may be surprised to learn the federal government expanded the CERB eligibility criteria to include self-employed workers who pay themselves with dividends.
Maybe you need a list of deadline dates for taxes or GST/HST or want to know what home inspectors are doing differently under COVID-19? Looking for a checklist for working with sellers or buyers during the pandemic or need guidance materials you can easily share with consumers? You might be surprised to find that BCREA has gathered information on these topics and much more on their COVID-19 blog post site. Find them here.
New information and resources are being added as they become available and the information is being updated as needed. You can also share any of the information via your social media channels.
FVREB resources available to you
Don’t forget! Your Board has also provided you with COVID-19-related guidance since March 10, when FVREB staff made the transition to working from home. For example, we have:
- shared information on relevant financial support programs available from the federal and provincial governments;
- posted tips on how you can take advantage of virtual Open Houses and livestreaming on Paragon to continue to showcase your listings without in-person Open Houses;
- interviewed new and more experienced Fraser Valley Realtors to share their tips and tricks during the pandemic;
- published Paul’s columns with practical and technical advice; and
- invited all members to reach out to us with their stories, questions and comments.
You may have also noticed that we’ve been updating our Paragon Message of the Day, as well posting regular content to our social media channels and our public-facing FVREB website with messages regarding COVID-19.
If you’d like to revisit any of our COVID-19-related NewsReal articles (which include eMemos and videos), click here.
Source: FVREB Communications