Many Realtors already enjoy the benefits of making Instagram a part of their marketing strategy. As a visual channel, it addresses the emotional aspects of buyers and sellers using the time-proven rule that a picture is worth a thousand words. Instagram users are highly active and tend to be slightly more affluent; by some measures, it can result in significantly more engagement compared to other social media platforms. It allows you to generate leads organically at a fraction of the costs of other engines, plus you can connect directly with your most active leads. It’s easy to create and post fantastic photos on your account — and, when combined with your real estate hashtag, becomes a virtual referral engine. And best of all: it’s free!
Follow us at @fvreb.official to get visual inspiration and stay up to date with the latest real estate trends and FVREB happenings. Watch our Feed for beautiful photos of our communities, gorgeous home designs and ideas, real estate tips, and professional development posts. Expect to see heartwarming REALTORS® stories, housing market updates, behind-the-scenes, motivational quotes, free downloadable, and much more in our IG Stories. Our goal is to post content that is of value to both you and your clients.
Click here to follow us. Don’t forget to turn on post notifications to make sure you don’t miss out on anything. And feel free to tag us in your photos — we want to hear from you soon and often!
The Meteoric Rise of Instagram
Did you know? Instagram celebrated its 10th birthday this month. It was launched on October 6, 2010. It is no longer just a place to post pictures. Now, it is now a vital platform for businesses to share their product or service, company culture, news, and stories. Here are some statistics from Sprout Social and Hootsuite.
- The visual-centric platform boasts 1 billion active users worldwide.
- The top three countries by user are the United States, Brazil, and India.
- It is the fastest growing social media platform in Canada. By the end of this year, Instagram is predicted to have 12.6 million Canadian users.
- Most of its users are below the age of 34, making it a millennial heavy platform.
- About six in 10 users log in at least once daily. It is the second most logged in social media site for daily use after Facebook.
- A user will spend an average of 28 minutes per day on the platform.
- Two hundred million users visit at least one business profile daily.
- One third of the most viewed Stories are from businesses.
- Instagram represents 10.7% of social referral share to e-commerce sites.
- The platform’s users aren’t fatigued by brand presence. According to a Facebook survey, 78% say that they see brands on Instagram as popular, 77% as creative, 76% as entertaining, and 72% as committed to building community.
If you haven’t already joined, make 2020 the year you finally decide to dive into the digital marketing trove that is Instagram.
Source: FVREB Communications