LANGLEY, BC – The Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) elected its new Board of Directors for 2015/2016 at its Annual General Meeting held on February 25.
Also at the event, the Board awarded Cloverdale REALTOR® and Managing Broker Rick Dubord with its top honour, the John Armeneau Professional of the Year award for 2014.
Jorda Maisey will replace outgoing President Ray Werger. Maisey is a licensed REALTOR® of over twenty years, and is a representative of RE/MAX Little Oak Realty in Fort Langley.
“I am honoured and proud for this opportunity to help lead the seventh largest real estate board in Canada,” remarked Maisey. “For nearly a century, our organization has been recognized for its dedication and commitment to helping Fraser Valley REALTORS® provide exemplary service to their clients. Along with my fellow directors, we look forward to building on that reputation.”
Maisey has served as a Director at the Board for seven years and has chaired several member-led committees including finance and government relations.
The incoming President-Elect is Charles Wiebe, RE/MAX Little Oak Realty, Fort Langley and the Vice President is Gopal Sahota, Sutton Group – West Coast Realty, Surrey.
“During the meeting, Rick Dubord of HomeLife Benchmark Realty (Cloverdale) received the John Armeneau Professional of the Year award for his tremendous contribution to Fraser Valley real estate. The award is the highest honour the Board bestows, recognizing outstanding leadership and dedication professionally and within the community.
Of Dubord receiving the award, Past President Ray Werger said, “Rick is a remarkable individual and an exceptional member of this Board. For four decades, he has led through innovation, hard work and a commitment to giving back setting a true standard of professionalism and inspiring those around him.”
He is the 30th Fraser Valley member to be recognized with a Professional of the Year award. The award was renamed in 1996 in honour of John Armeneau, a North Delta REALTOR® who for over two decades was a role model and mentor to other Fraser Valley REALTORS®.
The FVREB is a professional association of more than 2,700 REALTORS® in the Fraser Valley providing its members with a variety of membership services including the Multiple Listing Service®, professional development and technological innovation.
The full 2015/2016 FVREB Board of Directors is as follows:
- President: Jorda Maisey, RE/MAX Little Oak Realty, Fort Langley
- President-Elect: Charles Wiebe, RE/MAX Little Oak Realty, Fort Langley
- Vice President: Gopal Sahota, Sutton Group – West Coast Realty, Surrey
- Past President: Ray Werger, Royal LePage West R.E.S. (Sur), Surrey
- Larry Anderson, Sutton Premier Realty, Surrey
- John Barbisan, Sutton Premier Realty, Surrey
- Sandra Benz, RE/MAX Performance Realty, Delta
- Manny Boparai, Century 21 Coastal Realty Ltd., Surrey
- Karen Conyers, Sotheby’s Int’l Realty Canada, Surrey
- Chris Walters, RE/MAX Commercial Advantage, Surrey
- Darin Germyn, Macdonald Realty, Surrey
- Dharbinder Singh, Century 21 Coastal Realty Ltd., Surrey
Fraser Valley’s new Board of Directors takes office on March 1, 2015.