The Fraser Valley Real Estate Board is an association of over 3,500 real estate professionals who live and work in the BC communities of North Delta, Surrey, White Rock, Langley, Abbotsford, and Mission. The FVREB will mark its 100-year anniversary in 2021.
OUR MISSION: We empower our members’ success as professional REALTORS®.
OUR VISION: Our members are publicly valued for their skill, professionalism and contribution to their community.
Working with and reporting to the Professional Standards Manager, the Technical Advisor fosters excellence in professional practice of members through the drafting and recommendation of strategies, programs, tools and supports in the administration of professional standards and related technical areas. Contributing also to heightened awareness of the ethical and professional standards of the REALTOR® profession, the incumbent lends advice and support to the FVREB’s compliance regime, having regard for the full breadth and continuum of professional standards development and enforcement.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline with some emphasis on the administration of law or equivalent combination of training and germane work experience;
- Not less than three (3) years of direct experience working within a technical, standards development, or enforcement environment;
- Appreciation of the obligations and responsibilities of regulated professions and member-based bodies;
- Ability to grasp technical and conceptual content;
- Ability to develop product, education content, training aids, and member communiqués;
- Above-average analytical and business process acumen;
- Adept in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) and ability to learn interactive software responding to the mission-specific needs of the FVREB;
- Working knowledge of the real estate industry, REALTOR® standing, or involvement in standards regime oversight, shall be considered as significant assets.
COMPETENCIES & DISPOSITION:
- Member/customer-oriented focus;
- Superior communication (verbal and written) and process design skills;
- Good organizational and project coordination skills;
- Good relationship building, interpersonal, and time management skills;
- Positive attitude; and,
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
Send resume and cover letter in confidence attention Darcie Rosenberg, Executive Assistant, by July 30, 2019.